while shifting myself from windows to linux (ubuntu) i found this topic a bit confusing (time taking), lots of old websites still mentioned installing lots of packages to get it done but below are my notes for myself future reference.
- Go to a Linux shell and login as root:
- $su -
- Extract the downloaded archive file to /opt
- #tar xvfz xampp-linux-1.5.5a.tar.gz -C /opt
- XAMPP is now installed below the /opt/lampp directory.
- open /opt/lampp/etc/htppd.conf
- update line below as per your requirement
- DocumentRoot "/home/lala/www"
- create "www" folder if it won't exists there... (offcourse)
- save and quit
- move contents from "/opt/lampp/htdocs" to above folder you just created "www"
hopefully it will work ;)