FrED is small web based application developed in house at FF for following reasons(needs).
- Employee Attendance Management
- Employee Performance Rating system.
- Employee Holidays consumption
- Employee Overtime monitoring.
- Making all above transparent / clear to user in team. so one can compare his week over other team members etc.
Ali (colleague) worked on it as developer, i helped him design / conceive details. Its written in python(entirely).
- Server app (using flask) - deployed on local server (Ubuntu)
- Client app (using pyside)- deployed on each node ( OS boot)
Hopefully will be our first contribution to open source some day if it gets bit more completion for user roles management, currently a bit hard-coded in sq-lite.
- as person boots OS (client app, opens from tray, ask to mark in for logged user or request to log in)
- or person can open server from browser (http://server:5000) and do same process
- browser also shows a simple unique new quote (inspiration)
- person can view his details average (Time In / Out / Working Hours)
- person can view his/her leaves / working hours etc
- person can view his performance comparing to his relevant team.
- supervisors can mark reporting ppl performance per week
RULES for performance
- 2.5 score - come one time (limit 10 am) 24 hours late per week total limit to lose that score.
- 2.5 score - complete 48 working hours (minimum)
- 5.0 score - review from supervisor on assigned tasks
- 1.0 score - extra measure supervisor have.
- user can score 11 / 10 if performed really well and on time.:)
it has only 3 intentions initially and was working fine, then we broke some features in mid, and hopefully will come back soon.
- show pop up as pc gets on (user won't forget to mark TimeIn)
- work as central tool to maintain updates of all art tools customization from server (blender/natron/maya/nuke)
- also integrate with tactic in future(hopefully soon)
- lastly, some secret features(which every knows in team,lols) on which i don't have consensuses with senior team, (taking screen shots / measuring social activity vs real work differentiation)